Saturday, September 1, 2007

Vancouver Film School Visit

The first thing I did when I got to Vancouver (after digging out my umbrella!) was stop by Vancouver Film School with my colleague Kevin G. Clark to visit Larry Bafia and his team of talented teachers including Glenn, Michael, Nigel and Magic who are training the next generation of XSI masters.

With over 200 licenses of XSI, VFS is one of the biggest XSI training facilities in the world. We shared some of our new material created for SIGGRAPH, including our new reel, the results from the Production Challenge and the 'Making of Mirage,' the Academy-award winning student film by the talented Young Jang.

It was a great visit, and I am really, really glad we stopped by. Huge thanks to Larry Bafia for hosting Kevin & I and taking us through the program and the classes.

Observing Michael Monks' Modeling Class


These guys shared some of the their work in progress on their final projects in the VFS production studio.


Teaching leads at VFS.



There's a Hoodie Guy in every city!

Next stop Seoul, but first 2 days of downtime for me in Vancouver. I'll post next Tuesday, once I get to Korea.


1 comment:

Poi said...

Ah cool Micheal Monks is a great teacher. I might consider going to VFS to train for XSI after I'm done in India, thats great that VFS is training XSI.