Friday, September 7, 2007

Technical Seminar &

So Wednesday was our seminar day, and today was our Technical Seminar. Animal Logic, Blur & Softimage all gave 3 hour presentations on studio pipelines & face robot.

I thought the production challenge was long. WOW. This was an intense day for the presenters, and the 80 attendees. It's just amazing to see that level of concentration from the audience for 9 hours. I was constantly ducking out here and there, but 80 people stayed and stayed, with only a break for lunch. It was intense!

It was really interesting to hear about the custom tools both Blur & AL developed to work with XSI and other software within their pipelines. I felt techy-d out after a bit.. it was a bit over my head!

Although, since I was able to install an addon yesterday for the training seminar.. I wonder what else I could pick up with XSI?

Off to dinner now. It's 7:0pm on Friday night and everyone is exhausted. Thomas, Jeff, Nick, Remi, Damien and Jeff are all heading home this weekend, but Nikki and I leave for Shanghai on Sunday to meet Alex Liao from our Taiwan office and my boss, Teresa Manley.

No more blogging for the weekend, but I will post some photos with Picasa tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

No comments: