Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back to work.. now in Shanghai, China

Hello again..

It's Monday, September 10th, and Nikki and I are now on our own in Shanghai. It was hard to say goodbye to Seoul and our friends at CORE, Animal Logic & Blur. Saturday market the end of our stay in Seoul with Jay, Lee & Choi from CORE taking Nikki, Jeff and I to a fabulous restaurant that was on a mountain overlooking the city. Later we went to the King's Palace and finished the day shopping in a Korean open air market.

Last week was stellar. This one will be too, I can feel it. Shanghai has this incredible pulse to it.

We flew to Shanghai on Sunday morning, and had a few hours to explore the city by day and night. It's amazing that I was here 8 months ago, and I had a totally different experience. Last time, we were staying at a so-so hotel that was in a very unexciting part of town. Now we are right in the center of the action on Nanjing Road. As I type this, I am looking at the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the famous Shanghai landmark. I never want to leave my room, because the skyline at night is art in itself - much better than watching TV!

Nikki and I would have made our male colleagues proud yesterday.. the very first thing we did was go to the awesome Sai Bo market, which has EVERY electronic device known to man (and woman!) there. We had to leave before we spent a fortune, but what FUN! We felt a bit too geeky, so we headed to the Yu Garden after, this great open air market that has everything you'd expect a Chinese market to have.

Today we are waiting to meet Alex Liao, our Sales Manager for China, to go over the training requirements and head to the location where our event will take place on Wednesday. This week will also be filled with client meetings. Teresa Manley, our Director of WW Marketing, arrives tomorrow, and she'll be joining us for the rest of the tour.

Here are some photos from the last week. Posting images on the blog is a bit tricky here, not sure why, but I cant add photos to this or Facebook as easily as I was able to in Seoul. Could be the connection, could be me, it's hard to troubleshoot because my Blogspot interface is now in Chinese!

Anyway - Picasa works, so here you go!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jgoldfin2007/SeoulWork

http://picasaweb.google.com/jgoldfin2007/AsiaOuttakes

No comments: