Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Real-time updates.. gotta love free Wi-Fi!

This is cool.. we can blog and email during the Seoul Seminar.. not that I don't want to pay 100 per cent attention to Jeff presenting Face Robot... but I can multi-task.. excellent! I just finished my presentation, which Nikki commented was the slowest she ever heard me speak... it's all due to simultaneous translation.. otherwise i would have whipped through it! Imagine last year when the poor translators had both me AND Mark Schoennagel to translate?

So - Nikki and I are currently sitting in a room with about 300 student and professional 3D artists, and the event has begun, with over 6 hours of XSI and Face Robot technical presentations.

Earlier today, Jeff & Thomas Kang were interviewed by several CG magazines based in Seoul. One of them - Graphics Live - has a huge feature on SIGGRAPH. Since I can't read Korean (yet!) here's the link for those who can.. http://www.graphicslive.co.kr/xbook_read.html. What's fun is seeing the huge article on ARK (SIGGRAPH 2007 Best of Show) and Mirage (2007 Student Academy Award winner) plus the photos of the Soft booth. I'll be bringing a few copies home.

Here's some early photos of today.. or tomorrow for those of you back in my home timezone!
(it's so hard to use this blog program with all the commands in Korean!)

Softimage Press Conference

Keeping watch at the door.


Now that's a banner!


Softimage's Jeff & Remi from Blur


No comments: